- 20-Nov-2016 to 30-May-2017 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
This position performs on-site and remote client consulting projects, from a pre-sales and post-sales perspective, in support of Nth Generation's enterprise security practice. This position is responsible for assisting with assessing, designing, developing, demonstrating, positioning, and implementing enterprise security solutions; as well as providing ongoing support to Nth Generation's clients, using the best tools, techniques, and products that our clients demand today.
To perform the job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily while always maintaining the Nth Corporate Culture. This is a Salaried Exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include, but not limited to, the following:
Supports Nth's Sales and Presales teams in the role of Information Security Consultant adhering to Nth's Sales Process, while always striving to provide top quality solutions and services to Nth's clients.
Security Consulting Services:
- Execute internal, external, onsite and remote IT security audits, vulnerability and penetration tests.
- Responsible for full-cycle self-supported security auditing and penetration testing of onsite and remote targets.
- Assess, design and architect Security strategy for client's move to Private, Hybrid, and Public Clouds.
- Compile comprehensive written reports directly related to clients' specific risk and business plans.
- Provide oral and written post-evaluation reports detailing discussions/conferences with clients to provide remediation suggestions and guidance.
- Interview and evaluates clients to meet and exceed security-auditing, penetration testing and remediation requirements.
- Provide timely documentation detailing systems, network and communication security vulnerabilities.
- Perform security evaluations that follow outlines provided by Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FDIC, NCUA, HIPAA and others.
Product Knowledge and Certifications:
Strong knowledge, expertise, and formal certifications on at least (1) or more of the following products (formal training will be made available for some or all of these products to help gain the needed knowledge and certain required vendor certifications):
- Cylance; Palo Alto Networks; Splunk; CyberArk; Varonis; TrendMicro; FireEye; Wombat
- HPE ArcSight; HPE Fortify (Application Security); AlienVault; LogRhythm; Fortinet
- F5 Networks; Aruba Clearpass; VMware Security solutions
- Other leading Security products and solutions
Additional knowledge of other technologies is also desired, but not required, examples include:
- Networking (HPE, Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, F5, A10 Networks, VMware SDN/NSX)
- Mobility (VMware Horizon/AirWatch, Citrix, other MDM and End User Computing solutions).
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft, Red Hat)
- Converged Infrastructure (HPE, Dell, Cisco)
- Cloud Computing solutions (Public, Hybrid and Private Cloud; IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, XaaS)
- Microsoft Server, AD, Exchange, MSSQL, SharePoint, Office365, Azure
- Big Data/BI (HPE Vertica, Autonomy, Hadoop, Tableau, and other Data Analytics solutions)
Training will be provided on Nth's overall services and solutions portfolio with the expectation that this role will also help promote Nth's overall offerings when possible during client engagements.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsiblities include:
- Complete any needed partner sales and technical certifications & shadowing engagements.
- Develop a Bill of Materials (BOM) and a detailed Statement of Work (SOW) on properly-qualified sales opportunities from interactions with the client and Nth team members.
- Provide clients and Nth Project Management with up-to-date documentation of work completed on a daily basis.
- Proactively provide feedback relating to hardware and software products or client issues to other Nth staff members. Knowledge sharing is critical to the team being able to provide the best value-add for our clients.
- Conduct formal and informal presentations of technical concepts to the clients as part of pre- and post- sale support efforts, as needed.
- As business and operational demands dictate, additional duties may be assigned and expected to be performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, or related field, and/or equivalent IT industry training or work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience.
- 1-3 years of network/programming/systems experience a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA preferred.
- Relevant professional certifications are a plus.
- Must possess the utmost ethical standards and trustworthiness by not sharing privileged passwords, information and/or access to confidential data to other employees or people outside the company.
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions clearly.
- Ability to negotiate and strategize scope-of-work requirements with clients and staff.
- Ability to Plan and Project Manage complex technical projects, while maintaining a calm, efficient, competent, well-organized approach with staff.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and staff.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments, training schedules, and special requests in an unstructured environment.
- Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients and staff at all times and work well under stress.
- Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to project friendly, positive, "can do" and helpful attitude.
- Be a team player and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to ever changing requirements.
- Ability to be flexible with demands on time and accommodate frequent and last minute scheduling changes.
Special Job Conditions
- Available for frequent travel to client sites and training as needed, primarily in southern California.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be able to obtain rental automobile.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
Nth Generation Computing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability. Nth is certified as a women's business enterprise through the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation's largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US.