- 06-May-2016 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
We are seeking high-energy, driven professionals with a hunter mentality, sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Business Development Team. You will gain experience interacting with clients of all levels, in a variety of industries, including commercial, education and local government. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance through a clearly defined develpment path. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily, while always maintaining the Nth Corporate Culture (see Appendix A).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include, but not limited to, the following:
- Create incremental sales opportunities at new and inactive accounts.
- Build target lists, find sponsors or decision makers & new opportunities in new accounts.
- Research accounts and understand need, enable effective follow-up and generate interest.
- Experience with tools such as DiscoverOrg, InsideView, Data.com and CRM systems. Knowledge of Marketing Automation tools are a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and skills to develop relationships quickly, both internally and externally with prospects/customers.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with positive phone presence, and a track record of effective, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization.
- Disseminate opportunities to the Sales Team, educating the rep as necessary about the opportunity.
- The primary focus will be e-mail efforts and outbound calling to identify net new accounts, opportunities and revenue.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in our solutions.
- Track and report activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Flexible with demands on time and able to deal with frequent and last minute scheduling changes.
- As business and operational demands dictate, additional duties may be assigned and expected to be performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University is strongly preferred, or equivalent succesful work experience.
- 2-3 years of corporate experience, preferably at least 1 year of demand generation or inside sales experience with a technology sales or related organization.
- Prior sales development experience.
- IT Environment and Product knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and effective time-management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High-Energy, positive attitude and strong work-ethic.
- Self-Starter driven to accomplish agreed upon goals.
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling.
- A hunter mentality to find and cultivate new business.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to project warmth and enthusiasm with in-person and phone contacts. Must be a self-starter.
- Proficient PC skills required, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Email, Calendar, Excel, PowerPoint), FileMaker, etc.
- Effectively use Nth internal contact and quoting system in FileMaker
- Excellent qualification and follow-up skills.
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in an unstructured environment.
- Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients at all times and work well under stress.
- Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners.
- Able to remain flexible to changing business demands.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Drivers License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Position requires manual dexterity to perform word processing and computer-related tasks. Able to see, hear and talk. You must be able to drive an automobile.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
- Has a positive "can do" attitude with clients and co-workers. Takes ownership of problems and thinks outside of the box, to find creative solutions, quickly resolve problems and help clients maintain a consistently high degree of uptime.
- Works quickly and efficiently to solve problems.
- Does not take unnecessary risks when performing tasks. Always operates in a professional and courteous manner. Always strives to be a model citizen and truly believes in the motto "The Customer is Always Right!"
- Always goes the extra mile to get the job done completely. Does not cut corners or put off documentation or paperwork and understands that teamwork and sharing knowledge is essential to both the company's and one's own personal success. Cheerfully assists others when asked, even if outside of the job description.
- Collaborates well with other employees and client staff. Speaks up when necessary to make sure that proper procedures are followed by all workers and ethical business practices are adhered to at all times.
- Projects a positive, friendly attitude, and does not complain to clients, vendors, partners and co-workers. Contributes to the morale of those around and does not put oneself or another's physical safety in jeopardy.
Nth Generation Computing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status or disability.