- 22-Mar-2017 to 21-May-2017 (PST)
- Orange County/Los Angeles area, CA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Responsible for developing new clients in the State, Local, and Education (SLED) vertical market which will result in generating significant additional revenue and profit through the sales of products and services represented by NTH Generation Computing, Inc. You will agree on a primary target list of approximately twenty-five SLED accounts which will be jointly assigned by sales management to focus your business development skills, while always maintaining the Nth Corporate Culture (see Appendix A). As a Business Development Specialist, this is a Salaried Exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for representing and selling, while maximizing the gross profit, professional consulting services and the company's complete line of enterprise solutions and products to clients and prospects in the State, Local, and Education (SLED) market. New professional services and product lines may be added or dropped at any time.
- Focus on developing mid-size to large enterprise SLED accounts that are capable of generating at least $25K or more GP per account per year.
- Achieve and strive to exceed your gross profit goal of $150,000 per quarter in net profit from your assigned account list by the end of your first year of employment with Nth, and each quarter thereafter.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities through an aggressive outreach program targeting 50 new contacts, per week, with a minimum of 6 to 10 face-to-face sales calls per week.
- Develop solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers, especially at the C-Level.
- Achieve and maintain a good working relationship with our partner account representatives and build a close working relationship with the inside sales team, the Nth solution architect team, the practice leads, and the project management team. Collaborate on sales strategies, account trends and changes within the accounts.
- Develop, document and execute account penetration strategies for assigned target accounts. Prepare an in depth customer technology roadmap and collaboration for new sales opportunities, demonstrating your understanding of each target customer's business model, mapping their organization and identifying their unique technology needs.
- Meet with your manager weekly to review progress made, challenges, and new upcoming opportunities.
- Utilize internal business systems to record, manage and track all sales related activities including lead tracking, forecasting, client contacts and pipeline management. Keep accurate records and notes on-line regarding all client projects, including timekeeping, documentation, project plans, trip reports, and status reports.
- Provide management with accurate reporting of sales forecasts and assigned account activities for the month, quarter and year.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge and sales skills by participating in ongoing product and skill training opportunities, achieving and maintaining pertinent vendor certifications on an ongoing basis, to properly represent Nth's solutions and to create proposals that are accurate and competitive.
- Work closely with our pre-sales and inside sales team to develop accurate technical configurations and ensure the quoted solution meets client needs and all Scopes of Work are accurate and complete.
- Call Nth marketing event attendees for assigned accounts to properly vet out interest level and timing.
- As the primary point of contact for assigned accounts, act as the liaison between the client and internal resources for problem resolution.
- Proactively provide feedback, relating to client issues, to other staff members. Knowledge sharing is critical to the team being able to provide the best value-add for our clients.
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication to both clients and internal resources.
- Participate in staff meetings and accounts review/planning sessions.
- Carry company-issued wireless Smartphone device. Make best effort to respond to calls and emails from the office, both during and after business hours.
- Provide own transportation and maintain a reliable vehicle, which is available at all times for immediate dispatch.
- Flexible with demands on time and able to deal with frequent and last minute scheduling changes.
- As business and operational demands dictate, additional duties may be assigned and expected to be performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
5 years of sales experience specific to Information Technology. College degree is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to project warmth and enthusiasm with in-person and phone contacts. Must be a self-starter.
- Proficient PC skills required, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Email, Calendar, Excel, PowerPoint), FileMaker, etc.
- Effectively use NTH internal contact and quoting system in FileMaker
- Ability to negotiate and strategize scope-of-work requirements with the client.
- Excellent qualification and follow-up skills.
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients.
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a wide variety of technical information requests, and responds quickly to information requests.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments, travel schedules, and presentation requests in an unstructured environment.
- Highly developed communications skills for interacting with clients effectively. Can independently handle difficult client situations.
- Ability to maintain a courteous, professional manner with clients at all times and work well under stress.
- Ability to interface internally with all departments and externally with outside sales, clients, and partners.
- Ability to work effectively under remote supervision.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to remain flexible to constantly changing business demands
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Drivers License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Position requires manual dexterity to perform word processing and computer-related tasks. Able to see, hear and talk. You must be able to drive an automobile.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
- Has a positive "can do" attitude with clients and co-workers. Takes ownership of problems and thinks outside of the box, to find creative solutions, quickly resolve problems and help clients maintain a consistently high degree of uptime.
- Works quickly and efficiently to solve problems.
- Does not take unnecessary risks when performing tasks. Always operates in a professional and courteous manner. Always strives to be a model citizen and truly believes in the motto "The Customer is Always Right!"
- Always goes the extra mile to get the job done completely. Does not cut corners or put off documentation or paperwork and understands that teamwork and sharing knowledge is essential to both the company's and one's own personal success. Cheerfully assists others when asked, even if outside of the job description.
- Collaborates well with other employees and client staff. Speaks up when necessary to make sure that proper procedures are followed by all workers and ethical business practices are adhered to at all times.
- Projects a positive, friendly attitude, and does not complain to clients, vendors, partners and co-workers. Contributes to the morale of those around and does not put oneself or another's physical safety in jeopardy.